Thursday, February 09, 2006

Life is forever changing, offering new challenges....which is a nice way of saying that Janni's father and my own has had a car accident and has broken his leg. Tonight, Janni along with the two kids have arrived safely at the Cleveland airport. When I say "safely" it holds a whole new meaning. I have to say, we are very thankful that our dad just broke his leg. My mom has informed me that the car is a mangled mess and we are blessed to even have him alive. Anyway, my parents were hoping that the doctors would just have to cast my father's leg. The location and type of his break (left tibia, under the knee) makes that option impossible. He will have to have surgery on Monday. So, Kole will just have to visit his Grandpa Sprunger in a cast, and give his "hobbling" grandpa tips on how to survive physical therapy. Janni's parents and my own for that matter are doing pretty good considering this turn of events. My mom and I asked each other why God would add this burden to our already "heavily laden plate". I think we both concluded that God is sufficient and that we need to "count our blessings". You are one of those blessings. In fact you guys out there are huge blessings to Kole and his family. We may never know just what your prayers have done specifically to help Kole. We just know they have worked wonders. Continue to pray for Kole as he is home. It is important that he builds up strength and gains weight in order to prepare for chemo. The effects of the radiation is not noticed necessarily right away. Some of the negative effects could take up to three years
to reveal itself. Kole continues to need prayer in this regard for some time yet. Pray that his brain will continue to be able to process information at his normal speed. Pray that he will be able to continue his educational program and that during these three years he will gain reading skills and the like. Pray for Koles health, that he will not catch any cold or virus going around.
Pray for Janni and Steve as they make the transition back home. Lastly, pray for Kole's complete healing. My mom has informed me, that Kole has made his second trip down the isle at church. He too is asking God for healing. Just know that God truly loves it when we pray. Sometimes, I tell my kids at church that I can picture God saying "I was waiting for you to talk to me today". I also tell my own children that praying and reading the Bible is like "putting money in the bank". Those prayers or that time spent reading God's living word will never return void. I say get rich on God. You will never regret it. You are gaurenteed to come out on top (at the top). My family may look like we are at the bottom right now, but we are not. We have God. If we did not have God, we would surely be at the bottom.

Jodi

4 Comments:

At Friday, February 10, 2006 9:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Janni,

I am glad to hear that you guys are back and that I have some contact with you. I have been praying for kole and the family. My mom said something about having to go back to TN. when will you have to do that. I am going to head to bed. Hope to hear from you soon. You are in my prayers.

Beth and Austen Swank

 
At Saturday, February 11, 2006 12:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Janni,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Glad you're home. Good luck with Kole's journey. I wish you guys the best. Hope your dad heals quickly. Take care.
Mary L. (Mack & Grace's daughter)

 
At Sunday, February 12, 2006 9:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keller Family,

It is so good to see all of you at the games again. We continue to pray for your family everyday.

The Stiffler Family

 
At Sunday, February 12, 2006 7:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve: What a great inspiration it was for you to speak at our Ambassadors Sunday School class a week ago. Our whole church(Grace Community, Fremont)is praying for Kole and your family. May God bless all of you. John and Donna Johnson

 

Post a Comment

<< Home