Saturday, April 22, 2006

I hope to be able to update you on Kole as accurately as possible. It gets kind of difficult seeing that my dear sister is throwing all kinds of numbers at me. I just want to add that math was not my interest area in school. In fact, I have always said I learned by accident, for I rarely set out to add to my head, knowledge. That is especially true with math. Anyway, God has done an incredible job in caring for Kole's health and well being that it is hard to put it all down in words.I am sure He has protected and provided for Kole in many unseen ways as well. Janni's voice was as cheerful as I have ever heard it before. She was chuckling and laughing almost the entire time we spoke to one another. Kole was performing in the background. You know the type of performance---it is when a little kid, being Kole, gets a hold of a toy piano and begins singing every song they can think of with gusto. I take it Kole was in the performance mode, he brought out an old song from the good old Barney days ...."if all the raindrops were lemon drops and gumdrops oh what a rain that would be" followed by ahah ahah ahah ahah ah. I could hear him singing and laughing at himself. It was so reassuring to hear so much joy and life coming through a telephone wire, which is probably only a taste of what joyous times they have experienced while confined at St.Jude so far. Talk about making the most of a "sticky situation". Anyway, Janni said she is so thankful especially about Kole's blood counts. Kole's counts were down to 1200 there for awhile. In fact it was right before this bout in the hospital. Janni had prayed that they would come up and they did to over 6000. The hospital staff said that never happens. I think they are getting use to Kole and so they probably are getting less surprised all the time. Of course what they are witnessing is the hand of God and answered prayer. Also, yesterday (Friday April 21) Kole was about to receive his first chemo treatment and he told the nurse that he could not wait for the injection. He loved feeling dizzy---any of you reading past blog enteries might notice a pattern here. Don't worry all this medication is too expensive to become habit forming. The nurse said in all her years she has never had a patient be excited about getting chemo. Kole did not get sick at all during or after his first chemo treatment yesterday (Fri.). However, he did get sick for about three hours after his second chemo treatment on Fri. He took a nap and has been fine ever since. Today, Kole has had all of his chemo scheduled for the day (Sat. April 22) and like I said.... he is singing and laughing and doing great. Janni is thrilled. Kole has been able to stay on schedule with his treatments which keeps him on schedule for comming home at the end of July. By the way, after this regiment of chemo which is completed tommarrow, Kole will be half way through. He will only be getting two more rounds. Kole's weight has come down some so that is an issue. However, Janni is not too concerned because then Kole qualifies for a nutritional supplement. Janni says that is a good thing. He was in the fourty pound range and now he is in the thirty pound range. It probably is not a surprise to the medical staff seeing the heavy dose of chemo Kole has undergone. It is truly amazing how well Kole is doing....and the credit all goes to our amazing God, who is faithful to us and answers our prayers. I believe in the promises God gives us in His word. Sometimes I slip my name in these promises and I say to myself-- Jodi, God will do this in your life (make no harm befall you) if you will for example make God your dwelling. I claim these promises and tell God that I believe them and I believe Him. Psalms 91 has been both my great comfort and my challenge.

It says in Psalms 91: 9-16 this:

If you (your name) make the Most High your dwelling--even the Lord, who is my refuge--

THEN no harm will befall you (your name), no disaster will come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
They will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
You will tread upon a lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

Because he (your name or mine) loves me,"says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he (your name) acknowledges my name. (I love that part)

He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.

With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

Notice how many "I will's" are in this passage. Those are all individual promises to each one of us! I have been studying the docterines of God and I know that God always without exception stays true to his promises. In fact God is only bound in one area, and that is to His promises. He is not like us, especially us parents. I can't even keep my promise to paint my daughter's finger nails.

Anyway, there is so much power in the words of scripture. If any of you out there is feeling a bit down. Find comfort in God's word, especially, in the Psalms.

Here is what God is asking you to do in this Psalm. For one thing God wants you to make Him your dwelling. Abide with God .... Move in with God and live in His presence daily.

God is asking you to love him and acknowlege his name. Don't be embarrassed to talk about God or claim him aloud as your own. Live in a way that shows you love God. In heaven you will fit in and be popular. You may have to give that up here. That's o.k. , it is way worth it!

Last, call upon God. Talk to God, depend on God, find strength in His living Word. The rewards are huge . Look at the all the "I wills". There are at least thirteen in this short passage of scripture alone. There is power behind those words/promises. Power to deliver! Only the power of God could deliver on those miraculous promises.

This is my hope, and I pray that sharing it will encourage you.

P.S. Please pray for Chase (teenage boy and friend of the Kellers). The doctors say that he has the most resistent leukemia that they have ever seen. It seems an impossible situation on human terms. The mother and this boy are very special to Janni. They could sure use your prayers.

Jodi

3 Comments:

At Thursday, April 27, 2006 6:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janni and Steve.

What amazing miracles that keep happening to Kole! You and your family continue to inspire me every time I read about him. Please know that you continue to be in me and my families prayers. It's amazing that Derick will continuously remember to pray for Kole everynight at dinner and at bedtime. You are greatly missed and we pray that the rest of your time will go so quick that you will be home again. We will also pray for Chase.

Love,
The Harrah's

 
At Saturday, June 10, 2006 11:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

 
At Friday, July 21, 2006 3:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home