Sunday, May 07, 2006

The last time I wrote was just after Kole's time in the hospital receiving chemo.....sorry there has been such a big break in keeping you updated. I must say that there has been no crisis to report and no second hospitalization due to a temperature. Infact, Janni said Kole's counts are on their way up! Our God---how do we explain Him? How do we even know exactly what He is up to or what has He just spared us from? Of course, He spared us from sin and death and that would be enough-- but what else? What has He spared Kole from? There is nothing visible to the human eye to report as far as I know! I wonder what God is doing on the inside of Kole's body and heart?

You know---when you turn your life over to God, not to mention your child, as Janni and Steve has done---life becomes more serious for we now realize how fleeting this life can be. Sometimes, we, as Christians, can become afraid that we will fail God and fail our testimony. Sometimes, God calls us to do things that seems questionable to the human eye (which has a limited perspective). When God moves He is looking out for what is best for the Kingdom of God. As Christians, we are called to fulfill the great commission in Matthew 28:19 "Therefore go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and of the Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you". So far, God has moved. He has moved Janni and Steve to St. Jude in Memphis, Tennessee and He has made other moves as some of you already know. He has moved me to write these articles. He will continue to move. In fact, He will be moving some of you out there! We are called to follow our Master. One hym says "I have decided to follow Jesus--I have decided to follow Jesus--I have decided to follow Jesus no turning back, no turning back. Though none go with me, still I will follow--though none go with me, still I will follow--though none go with me, still I will follow, no turning back, no turning back". Sometimes Believers are afraid to follow. Sometimes they are afraid that they will fail God by not having the energy, wisdom, or ability to serve. It is possible that we feel unworthy. Every human is unworthy, that is why we are out to point to our worthy God and Savior. In the book of Joshua God makes a promise to the warrior and comander of the nation of Israel. His name being Joshua. That promise can be applied to us as well. Joshua is getting ready to "move" into the promise land and take on the idolatrous enemies of God. This is an intimidating task to say the least! God promises Joshua in Joshua 1:5 (NASB) that " No man will be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just I have been with Moses, I will be with you; I WILL NOT FAIL YOU or forsake you". We might fail God but God will never fail us. We go and do everything in God's strength. I can testify on behalf of my "brother" Steve that he is following after his Master's call. I can testify that he has great faith and believes in God's promises. It is exciting to witness God's promise fulfilled. Go with God-- Steve, Janni, Kole, and Jaelle. God will never fail you.

Jodi

2 Comments:

At Sunday, May 07, 2006 9:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coach,
I have to say I am going to miss you a lot. You were like a father figure to me these past few years. It's going to be pretty tough getting through this senior year without you. But then, I realize that you are doing what is best for yourself and your family. Even though you got the job in Sandusky, I hope we can still keep in touch. I'm going to miss you a lot. Kole is still in my thoughts and prayers.
Sincerely and with love,
Ben Stickney

 
At Saturday, May 13, 2006 7:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray for each one of you. Gladys and Jim Restle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home