Monday, June 05, 2006

Hello to all! I have been blessed by my Pastor and his insight into the word of God. He lives what he preaches which gives weight to his words. Sunday, he preached on Philippians chapter 3. I could not help but think of Janni and Steve. What touched me the most was verse 1o which reads "I want to know Christ and the power of His ressurrection and the fellowship of his SUFFERINGS, becomming like him in his death, and somehow, to attain the resurrection from the dead". My Pastor said that it is not that we ask for suffering or even want it---but it is through suffering that we find intimacy with Christ and a understanding of Him like at no other time. Suffering calls us to Him where He can sooth us with his word and His dear presence. We become shallow people without the refining fire of suffering. I believe it and I witness the depth of relationship that my brother-in-law, Steve is now experiencing through watching his son suffer and calling on the God he serves to help. His relationship with God has been "microwaved". He understands the "fellowship" of suffering---for he along with the Heavenly Father has had to watch their sons suffer. What fellowship they must have! It is a blessing and an honor to be in fellowship with the living Lord. Once one allows Him in, there is such warmth of fellowship, one will NEVER want to live without. The presence of God is beautiful. He is available to all, even at the same time. I don't know how He does it! What an incredible God we serve. Knowing Him you will be changed--it will be not something you can "muster up". God will do the changing and it is like watching a beautiful masterpiece being unfolded. Some of His most amazing masterpieces are made from messed up lives!! There is hope in God!

Love,
Jodi

1 Comments:

At Saturday, June 10, 2006 11:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home