Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Hello,
I just wanted to tell everyone that Kole is doing great. He has adjusted better than anyone with the diet. In fact, he cracks me up. Dr. Bunting, the doctor who found the tumor, goes to our church. Kole loves him and every Sunday we have to look for him. Well a couple of Sunday's ago we were talking with him. Dr. Bunting and I were talking about the diet we are on and he was telling me about the healthy food their family eats. Anyway, Kole says to him that I have him on a diet now. So Dr. Bunting asks him what is it that your mother won't let you have anymore. Quickly, Kole responds with Coffee. He acted like I give him coffee all the time. He rarely ever had any and that is the first thing he told Dr. Bunting. I just laughed. You never know what comes into his head.

Please continue to pray for KOle. We are planning on having a prayer gathering for him sometime. All the plans are not complete yet but I will pass on the information as we know more.

God is so good. We are so blessed to have his awesome love and power surrounding us always. When we are down I pray to the Lord for guidance and open the bible. HE always leads me to his uplifting love. I couldn't get through many days without his living word.

By the way, I really think Kole's hair is starting to get thicker on the top of his head. PLease continue to pray that it will all come back. We are also concerned with his pituitary gland. The radiation could have damaged it. Right now his hormone levels are borderline. We are praying that all damage to his body will be restored. Also, we are scheduled to return to St. Jude's in February. We love that hospital but we are unsure if we want to subject his body to the drugs of putting him to sleep and the radiation from the MRI. We are lifting all of this up to prayer for healing and guidance. Please pray for these specific things also.

We love all of you and we thank you for all of your support.
Love,
Janni

2 Comments:

At Saturday, December 09, 2006 12:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve and Janni,
We are happy to hear that Kole is doing well with the diet. It can be so hard getting kids to eat the right foods. Kole and your family our in our prayers daily. We return to St. Jude on January 25th. It looks like we will miss you guys again. I don't if Lucy had given you an e-mail or phone number. I know that Lucy would love to talk to you. May God bless your family.

home ph (559) 243-1350
e-mail danielbordona@yahoo.com

 
At Thursday, December 14, 2006 2:11:00 PM, Blogger Beth Swank said...

Hey Janni,

That is awesome that he is doing better. My mom called me last week and told me that the tumors were back. So I have been having my group at my new church pray. Austen and I moved to Columbus in sept. Congrats on the new baby. It seems like only yesterday I saw you in the hospital right after you had Jaelle. I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.

Beth Swank

 

Post a Comment

<< Home