Saturday, March 04, 2006

Kole has around two weeks before his return to Memphis. We as the Keller/Conley/Sprunger clans have been attempting to get together during this break, in order to celebrate a much delayed "Christmas". We have been holding onto our gifts for months. I even have to rack my brain to remember what I got everybody. Anyway, my children made a "count down chart" to the day we have planned, which would be this Sunday. Dissappointment is experienced once again. Life seems to have dissappointment for both young and old, but through it all God is good. Bronchitus has struck our family delaying our "Christmas" once again.

I have experienced quite the week. On Wednesday, I was in the midst of teaching a lesson on the bondage of slavery (the Isrealites were experiencing in Egypt). I explained to the group that since sin entered the world we all experience our share of "bondage". We should not be surprised by suffering for this world is not our home. The Isrealites called out to God to rescue them and in that response we see a little of the "why" of bondage. We are force to look up, to be disenchanted with this world, and wonder if there is anything better out there. I have to say "yes"!!!!! There is a purpose for suffering. It is never in vain. Not only is it not in vain but God helps us through it. Usually we come out a deeper and a more compassionate person because of it. Also, we learn that we are not "all that". In other words we are humbled and realize we are needy. We need help. We need God's help. Well, during the lesson one of the ladies in our group experienced a grand mal seisure. We were all taken back by this experience. This sister in Christ had shared with me how she has suffered with severe seizures since she experienced a high fever as a small child. Her parents were not understanding for they did not have much experience and knowlege concerning epilepsy. Neither were teachers at school who punished her for having "tantrums". We, as a Bible study group, think of her "bondage" in a new light. Experiencing her need up close, has driven me to get down on my knees and beg the only one who can free her-- The Good Lord, Maker of heaven and earth. To intercede in prayer for our sisters and brothers in Christ is what we are called to do. To ask for help from brothers and sisters in Christ is what we are called to do. To petition the God of heaven and earth is what we have to do. There is a verse that was made into a song from Psalms. It goes:

"I lift my eyes up to the heavens, thus where my HELP comes from. My HELP comes from you--Maker of heaven, Creater of the earth. Oh, how I need you Lord you are my only hope, You are my only prayer and I will wait for you to come and rescue me, come and give me life"


In Exodus 3:7-8 The LORD said:
1. I have seen the misery of my people in Egypt.
2. I have heard them crying out.
3. I am concerned about their suffering.
4. I have come to rescue them.

Though those are literal promises to Isreal, they are spiritual promises to us. We can know that God sees our trouble, hears our prayers, has compassion, and rescues us. He is the "Deliverer " you know. There is a lot to be delievered from while we live on this earth. Of course the most important deliverance is when God unburdens us from our sin and takes it upon himself. The Conley family has not been immuned to burden. We have had all five children down at the same time with bronchitus/influenza plus other burdens. Elijah, my three-year old, said to me "Mommy, I don't have to take my medicine because Jesus will help me". He has been through so much illness this winter that his little faith has grown to be quite "grown up". In that reguard, I would say it has all been worth it. God has also answered and delivered us in countless other ways. He is doing the same for Janni , Steve, Kole and Jaelle. God has proved himself to us over and over again. I pray he will help us never to forget his faithfulness. Keep praying for Kole. God hears you crying out and is ready to rescue/deliver. Pray for Koles Grandpa Sprunger, as it is a struggle to keep infection from setting into his leg. He needs protection against blood clots forming as well. There is also another 11 year old girl in Clyde who has just been diagnosed with acute Leuchemia. Janni is very concerned for her and knows her personally.

Our world says it is really "weak" to need help. Because of this, many live in denial and never get to be free from their burdens. It is only when we are honest, face our weakness, and ask for help that God will have the opportunity to reveal himself. We can deny God, say we are independent from him, and inflate our "ability" to save ourselves. That denial is Satan's way of destroying us and decieving us. It is "when we are weak, that He is strong".

Jodi

3 Comments:

At Monday, March 06, 2006 4:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks be to God. God is so GOOD!!

 
At Wednesday, March 08, 2006 10:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Keller family....
Its been a long time huh. not really. So how is Kole doing? Great i hope, has he gained any weight or is still a little bone? Guess what-Dominic is a bone now to. Lost 12 pounds. We are back at home now, we finally got to leave Feb 28. Good thing to cuz i was just about ready to go MIA. SO how is your wonderful family doing, i miss all of you so much.
When are ya'll going back to memphis? We have to go back twice a week so im sure we will see you there. Dominic really missed Kole after you guys left but i tried to explain that it was GOOD thing...
Dominic has had two new spots come up since you guys left so that is not good but we are keeping faith that GOD is going to work a miracle for him..Besides he still runs around full speed ahead. He is taking shots and chemo every week and still nothing fazes him....Well enough for now. Love you guys and miss you...
Love
Denise and Dominic

 
At Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keller Family,
We have been keeping you in our prayers. We check your blog regularly to stay updated on Kole's progress.

Love,
Chad, Marna, and Jaxen Durfey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home