Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Crazy things seem to happen sometimes. You know when you think things are sailing so smoothly something seems to always happen. A dear friend of ours from Illinoise is going through the same treatment as Kole. Her lucky day to go home was suppose to be on Wednesday of this week. Well, to celebrate, my family, her family, and another medulla family all went out to eat together on Friday night. We had a great time and went to see the river and ate at the Spaghetti Warehouse. Wouldn't you know it. The doctors called me into the clinic this morning and said a friend of yours has come down with the shingles. You need to keep an eye on him. And that was it. Before the morning was over they called me in again and explained that because Kole has now fallen to 0 they are concerned. So to make a long story short, he had to have two shots to the legs and he will have to be in isolation from other patients her for 21 days. This means we will have to move out of our apartment and we will have to use only the isolation entrance to the hospital. It is going to be inconvenient but it is much better than the alternative. If Kole were to get shingles with his counts at 0 it could be deadly and extremely severe. Please pray for him and the other two children who are dealing with this also.
By the way, this should not change the time frame of us being able to come home. We are hoping to be back in Ohio in mid- July.
God Bless,
Janni

By the way I thought I published the last blog on the 23rd of June. Something must have happened because it was not on there today. I am sorry that this has not been updated for some time.

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 27, 2006 8:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Keller Family, I understand all to much about the counts going to 0 and how this sets you up for so many things. I also understand all about the shingles thing. My heart goes out to all of you and I promise you can count on me for prayer!! You hang in there and know you have our love and support!! Love Cindy Esposito

 
At Thursday, June 29, 2006 7:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janni and family,

We will continue to pray for Kole and that God will continue to lay his healing hand upon him and increase his counts. We too know how important that is. We will also pray for the others. We miss you and hope your last few weeks will be speedy and worry-free. Take care and God bless all of you!

The Harrah's

 
At Monday, December 04, 2006 9:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kole and family
I was sent your Kole's page address
I have just popped into send you heaps of positive healing energy and prayers
with love jacob's Mum
www.caringbridge.org/me/jacob
^i^Our Aussie Angel^i^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home