Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Kole and his family will be flying back to Memphis this week. I am pretty sure the scheduled flight will be on Wednesday. Steve said Kole realizes he will be returning to St. Jude and yet he has not complained. Earlier, he was heartbroken to find out that he would be spending some time in the hospital. Other than that, Kole has even asked about going back. I guess that is what a little "love" will do. Love draws people like flies. St. Jude has a way of making Kole feel special and loved. Really, for Kole, it was almost like being the "center of the universe". When everyday both parents (plus grandparents/ plus hospital staff) lovingly and sacrificially focus on getting Kole well. I can remember breaking my arm when I was five. At first, I fought the attention of my parents and doctors. The doctor even threatened to punish me. Which I think he did when he "set" my broken wrist. After I finally gave up the fight, and gave into "loads" of attention and pampering, I found myself quite content being the "princess". It was a little difficult giving up swimming, but the candy in bed made up for that. Anyway, I can remember as an older child reflecting back on my broken arm incident and thinking that I kind of liked all that attention. I can remember reading in the gospel of John, (John 13:1) "....Jesus knew that the time had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father. Having loved his own (the disciples) who were in the world, He now showed them the full extent of his love". I think about how the disciples must have been pampered in Jesus' love. They practically ate, slept, camped, travelled, taught, served with Jesus every minute of every day for around three years. They never had experienced any human love that could even hold a candle to the divine perfect love of Jesus. These disciples were pampered in Jesus' love. Jesus knew that he could not remain with them in body to keep the love flowing, yet he knew that the Holy Spirit would be given to them to comfort them and provide power and love. Though, on this earth we do not get the privilege the disciples had of seeing God's Son, touching Him, knowing Him, hearing Him, etc. We will one day get the privilege of seeing Jesus in heaven and bask in his incredible "individual love "he has for each one of us. Not only that, we will get to place our hands in the scars of his hand, of his brow, of his side, and of his feet and recall the suffering he had done for us in our place. No one in heaven but Jesus will have scars. Kole will no longer have his scars. In fact all of our pain and emotional scars will not longer be remembered. If that is not a reason to love God and love His home in heaven than I don't know what is. Everything about choosing God and his son Jesus is about life and light and love. Everything about choosing Satan is about death and darkness and hate. We are not afraid of cancer, we are afaid for those who do not choose God and his son Jesus.

Steve and I spent some time talking at our "family Christmas party". He shared with me some of the prayers he has for Kole. He shared with me about how God has become his ever present comfort. In fact, he truly has peace knowing that Kole is in the best hands, God's hands.
By the way our Christmas was worth the wait. The love God has gifted our family with is priceless. Watching each one of our precious offspring, take that love and pour it out on eachother and on us was inspirational. Kole, gleamed a sweet smile the entire time we spent together. He lovingly share his new "skee ball" game with all of his cousins. They played together with generocity and kindness. He did not even get a bit upset when his little toddling cousin (Isaiah) stole all of his balls. Kole chuckled and smiled the entire time we were together. At the end of the evening he wrapped us all up in his loving arms. For he gave the biggest hugs I have ever seen from a child. Hugs that came right out of his soul. I would say he has been affected by all this love. Love has a way of being contagious and infectious. Watch out for Kole, you might catch it.

Jodi

3 Comments:

At Thursday, March 16, 2006 2:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kellers, Please know you continue to be in our thoughts and prayers daily. WOW, your faith is such a testimony to so many!!

 
At Friday, March 17, 2006 3:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keller Family,
You are in so many people's thoughts and prayers, and only the best is wished for Kole.
There are a group of people in Clyde who are putting on a benefit Apr. 2 for Tyler Smith, the latest to be diagnosed. As I was soliciting donations from area businesses for the event, Kole & Chase's name came up frequently. The Sterling store was so generous giving out gas cards, not only for our benefit, but also I have one for Steve & Janni as well as Chase's family. If you could give me a call at 419-547-0235 and give me an address where I might send it, I will get it in the mail as soon as possible.
Karen Sawyer

 
At Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kellers!
We need an address where you can be located in TN. If you could post one on here that would be great! We heard Kole got great news back from his tests already! That's fantastic!
God Bless!
The Boblitts'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home