Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Hello, Janni has much to say and due to issues with logging in onto this blog, she has not been able to express it! Anyway, everything should be fixed now and hopefully you will hear from her soon! We were together on Saturday! I have some good friends who were home from Mali, Africa. They brought along their two twin baby girls, adopted in Mali! It is incredible story! Janni and my good friend, Amanda laughed together as they held these two promises! Amanda, shared her struggle waiting on God for their arrival! She not knowing if God had intended to give her, her hearts desire----children! Then, after a long wait (which we understand now) God blessed her with two adorable twins (you can read their story at McMali.com). My good missionary friend shared her testimony with Janni and shared how God blessed her with the most perfect babies at the most perfect time! She saw that the struggle made the blessing all that more appreciated and glorious! God adores us so much that He allows us to struggle and wait on Him! In the mean time we get to know Him and His grace that sustains us! We had a marvelous time together talking about our Lord and His provision! Amanda's provision has arrived---I am sure she will be requiring much more down the road! Her biggest need of God's provision right now is "sleep"! However, she is not longing anymore for children! Her longing has been satisfied by the God of heaven and earth! She came to realize when the struggle came to a close that she could be satisfied in God alone! She handed over her desire for children, and in return God handed over the most beautiful twin baby girls you ever laid your eyes on! Anyway, Janni was able to see that she too has been in a wait---but hearing how God not only did not fail in providing relief---but He provided more "relief" than even expected! He poured out His blessing to the point that it even overwheled the "gift receiver"! He is that kind of adoring God. He adores Janni, Steve, Kole, and Jaelle! He adores them so much that He has allowed them to pass through this valley with Him in order to reveal His glory! We sometimes have to have our comfort and earthly security taken away before we can discover Him! I am envious in a way of how near they are to Him and how they have paid a price that will not return void! Jesus paid a price for us, that surely will not return void! Sometimes there is no way around a valley! However, when you finally through blood, sweat, and tears, reach the mountain top, you see that the valley was necessary to get where you now stand---on the solid ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband was teaching a Bible study last night on 2 Samuel 22 where David writes this prayer of praise to his Rock! He writes:

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliver;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation.
He is my stonghold, my refuge and my savior--
from violent men you save me.
I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
and I am saved from my enemies.
The waves of death swirled about me;the
torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.
The cords of the grave coiled around me;
the snares of death confronted me.
In my distress I called to the Lord;
I called out to MY God.
From his temple he heard my voice;
my cry came to his ears.

Verse 18-20
He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
from my foes, who were too strong for me.
They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
but the Lord was my support.
He brought me out (of valley or pit dwelling)
into a spacious place; he rescued me because he
delighted in me.

My husband said that rock signifies "strength"! He said you can see that there is strength in a physical rock! In the same way our invisible God is strength! We can count on our invisible "Rock" more than we can count on the visible cement foundations we have our feet on this very moment. Janni and Steve have moved their feet to the invisible Rock-- from the visible soil of this earth! Now they are planted on solid ground! They are in a safe place of refuge! They are safer than ever before, when this earth had their hope! Now ---Only God, the Rock has it! We praise Him from this valley and we will praise Him from the Mountain top! Glory to Jesus the Lamb that was slain!

Jodi

1 Comments:

At Thursday, February 22, 2007 4:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kellers,

I heard of Kole’s journey and found your blog site for the first time about a week ago. As a brother in Christ I have been overwhelmed and inspired by your faithfulness, holding to the hope and promise God offers in our times of strength and in our times of weakness. I will pray for you to continue to fight the good fight of faith and maintain a David-like heart. Doing so and maintaining trust will be the only path to peace and freedom.

The Lord walked me through some great scripture in Psalms, some of which I’m sure has already caught your eye, but I felt the desire to share so please bear with me.



“Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer.

How long, O Lord? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? Look on me and answer, O Lord my God.

How long, O Lord, how long? Turn, O Lord, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love.

Hear my voice when I call, O Lord; be merciful to me and answer me. My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, Lord, I will seek.

Hear, O Lord, my righteous plea; listen to my cry. Give ear to my prayer – it does not rise from deceitful lips…I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to my prayer. Show the wonder of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes.

Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him. Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret – it leads only to evil.

We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you.

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.

Trust in the Lord and do good. Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him.

I trust in you, O Lord; I say, “You are my God.” My times are in your hands.

To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God. All the ways of the Lord are loving and faithful for those who keep the demands of his covenant.

I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me.

I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the Lord, who is worth of praise, and I am saved from my enemies…To the faithful you show yourself faithful…my God turns my darkness into light.

May the Lord answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you. May the Lord grant all your requests. May he give you the desire of your heart.”

- Taken from Psalms 4,6,13,17,18,20,22,25,27,31,33,34,37,40,130…



Kole and your entire family have touched my heart and many times enveloped my thoughts and prayers. I will continue to lift your names before the Great Healer whose timing and will is always right and good and driven by his infinite love for each one of us. May we always trust in that love!

Fellow Oak Harborite,
Dave Connell

PS: If there are any pictures lying around of Grandpa Keller with a bald head; that I would love to see…

 

Post a Comment

<< Home