Sunday, April 22, 2007

Hello my dear friends and prayer partners,
I am so sorry that I have not posted anything for quite some time. My hands became quite full with a newborn baby and my precious Kole needing so much attention during his illness. I have wanted to post many times but we just got internet capabilities a couple of days ago.

Anyway, I just want to thank everyone for all of your prayers, comments, bible passages, cards, gifts, love, concern, hugs, and tears. Kole was surely loved and we as a family have all felt it.

I cannot explain the emotional roller coaster that has gone on but what I can say is that God continues to bless our family. We miss Kole greatly but we are thrilled that he is healed, running, and laughing at us that he made it to heaven first. Everyday, we look at his cute pictures on the fridge and we want him back but we only would want him if he was healed completely. But then we realize that Kole wouldn't want to come back. Why would he? He has everything he ever dreamed of and much more in heaven. Knowing this gives me great comfort. Everytime I think I should have given him something or taken him to a special restaurant that we never made it to can make me feel bad. It does not take long for me to get out of the pit and realize that he eats much better food and plays on the fastest gators in heaven. He has not missed out on one thing. Praise the Lord.

I have to thank God for his great mercy. I can actually say that I am very happy. Even though I miss Kole I am happy. It is amazing how God takes care of every part of me. Someone was telling me that some people were very concerned for me because of the fact that I had faith that Kole was going to be healed by God. I don't know if these people thought that I would go into great depression or be mad at God if Kole would not be healed here on earth. I will yell it from every mountain top that our GOd is good and a loving God. No one, I mean no one, can go wrong having faith that our Lord Jesus can and will heal you or a loved one. With this faith and seeking the Lord through His word and prayer is healing in and of itself. God has healed Kole and he has healed my heart. I am constantly thinking about this verse in Philipians 4:4-7

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Refoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. THe Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to GOd. And the peace of GOd, which trancends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

YOu see that part that I put in bold print is the important part for me right now. The bible speaks constantly about trusting GOd or having faith in HIm. I did not need to guard my heart or my ego because GOd will do it for me. In fact, I asked my sister why wouldn't someone trust God. He is the best you can get. She replied with something Beth Moore says, "People do not want to be wrong." After going through this, I know that this is part of it and the other part is that we want to guard out emotions so we can prepare ourselves for the worst. But what I have learned is that it is ok to be wrong because God is never wrong. ALso, that we do not need to guard our emotions because GOd does it for us. Who do you want guarding your heart? God or yourself? I choose GOd. I know that if it were up to me to guard my heart I would be a mess. Only God can heal a heart that has lost a precious child. I know that Jesus has guarded my heart. He did not allow me to torture myself with anguish. Jesus is doing the crying for me. We put all of our trust and faith in HIm and He has shown His love for us better than any earthly father could do. For my own father cannot prevent me from having great sorrows but my heavenly father sure has. All I can do is praise my GOd because sometimes I just sit and think wondering how I am functioning. I know my God is so big and he has taken care of all of my needs.

Psalm 40:1-3
"I waited patiently for the Lord: he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our GOd. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord."

Please continue praying for us as we know and can feel all of your prayers.
God Bless,
Janni

11 Comments:

At Monday, April 23, 2007 10:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We do continue to pray.
It was wonderful to read your entry.

We do not believe you were wrong...We believe Kole is healed and completely restored...we just did not see it in this world...

But you WILL SEE IT!!! It did happen!!!!

We pray and praise God for the love and support you have recieved and will continue to recieve as the days pass on.

Your family was and is an example to hundreds of people! I returned to work after the services for Kole on Thursday. Everyone gathered around and asked how Kole's family was doing. I said this...

By the grace of God and faith received, they are doing well. Certainly better than anyone I have seen under these circumstances. The service was a wonderful tribute to Kole. We all are going to face trials in our life...if you think you are going to be able to get through it without a belief in God and family...a church family and biological family...... Don't wait until something happens in your life to develop those relationships....

God bless you all....we continue to pray for each one of you.

 
At Monday, April 23, 2007 10:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the entry! Praise the Lord for His work in your life.

Our prayers will continue. May God continue to be your Source of strength and encouragement.

You have been a blessing!

 
At Monday, April 23, 2007 11:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We thank you for taking time to update us. You continue to pray for you!

 
At Monday, April 23, 2007 3:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jannie-
Thanks for updating us on how you are doing. We will continue to pray for you and your family. God is so good and I am so glad that your thinking is lined up with Gods thinking..... Kole is having a blast right now!!! I hope your getting some sleep- I am sure the baby is keeping you busy! God bless you!

 
At Monday, April 23, 2007 3:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are continuously being uplifted in prayer.

 
At Tuesday, April 24, 2007 9:59:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

I am touched by your story Keller family - Psalms 147:3 - He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

Tracy

 
At Tuesday, April 24, 2007 2:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Keller's...not sure if you remember us. We met you at the RMH when Kole and our Khloie were going through radiation. Unfortunately we lost track of you guys. It is with a heavy heart that we learned of Kole's passing but rejoice in knowing that he is indeed healed. Your faith is an inspiration. You will reamain in our prayers.
Love and Blessings,
Travs, Melanie, Khloie and Clara Kate Farran
www.caringbridge.org/visit/khloiefarran

 
At Tuesday, April 24, 2007 6:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear your heart, it sounds alot like mine. I don't know how i would function yet without God leading the way for me. I don't believe i was wrong when i believed that Brandon would be healed because he was just not on this earth. He is already where we all are going to go when our job here on earth is finished he just beat us there. We love you and continue to pray for you we know how much the prayers are felt, we still feel them. Just a reminder that we are here when you need an ear. We'll get together someday soon.
Kristi

 
At Tuesday, April 24, 2007 8:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to say we are thinking of you guys and praying for you. Kole is running and playing with all the other kids and having fun. I know that gives you a little peace of mind knowing he has everything he needs. Hang in there.
God Bless,
Brian, Colleen, Erik and Princess Kate

 
At Wednesday, April 25, 2007 12:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everytime I read this Blog my heart is filled with so much love for all of you.
Just Like Pastor Bill said on sunday We go thru hardtimes but that is when the world see the glory and goodness of God -how we react to what happens to us.

All of you have shown the goodness & glory of God.
Kole's life is one true story of the power of pure love and belief in Jesus.
I can do all things in Christ which Strengthens me
Your Precious Kole will be a constant reminder to me of God's Pure love for his Children.
Love
Your Sister in Risen & Victorious Savoir Jesus Christ

Carmen

 
At Thursday, May 17, 2007 10:39:00 AM, Blogger Missing You said...

Steve & Janni

I am just NOW getting on to send you my deepest sympathy on the passing of Kole. I have been very distraught over the whole thing. I know you have invited me to your new home to visit. I've been up the way 2 times now and each time, I've driven around the cirle and back out. I saw Ellie's bike in the garage, the door was open, I drove off. I am having such a hard time dealing with Kole's death and answering questions from Allen, my grandson. He has SO many questions about Kole. I keep Kole's button hanging on my car mirror. I talk to him daily and say Hello! I have not forgotten you guys, how could I? You all have been such an inspiration to me. You take care and I will COME visit soon. Love you all and May God Bless your lives richly. Mom P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home