Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Hello to all!! There has been some major difficulties getting technology to cooperate with us! Now, we think, Janni can finally log on and write everyone! We have been hitting some strange road blocks as of late and have to wonder at the invisible battle that is going on in the heavenlies.

Janni called me, to tell you that Kole had some difficulty last night! His legs hurt! The day before he had a head ache, however it went away! Janni said she has been fervent to pray over Kole and he has responded by praying as well! Steve has also been in fervent prayer over Kole! We see God answering prayer all the time! Kole now is calling out to God on his own. Whenever they pray over his symptoms, they eventually leave! Janni said they are "short lived"! We are witnessing God win these little daily battles all the time now! Janni also wants me to let you know that she has found it a blessing to worship God and praise Him when the attacks hit! The enemy expects her to curse God, but instead she worships. She finds such comfort and beauty in Him! Today Kole was riding in the car and asked Janni to sing the "Nails in His hand, the Nails in His Feet" song! She could not remember it and so I was lucky to get a call from Kole! Kole said Aunt Jodi, what was the song about the nails. So, around 11 o'clock this morning I was singing to my darling nephew on the phone! I cry thinking about it! Oh, how much Jesus loves him. Jesus has the scares to prove it! Kole is worshiping Him! We all are worshiping Him! We desire all to worship Him!

David has come to my mind lately! He started worshiping God as a young shepherd boy! He was able to get to know God while being alone with his sheep. God delighted in David's company and in his little songs of heart felt praise! When David's sheep were faced with the enemies of both the lion and the bear. God did not hesitate to come to David's aid! With God's help David slew the lion and the bear! David gained confidence and allegiance to his God! He had no one out in the field to deny his faith and say "oh David, it was your skill"! He knew where his help came from! He knew his Helper! Later, when his older brothers had joined Saul's army to fight against the Philistines and Goliath, David was able to have confidence in God for this bigger battle! The battle with the giant. We could say he had a giant sized battle ahead! He grew to trust his big God, through getting to know Him, through worship, and through experiencing God's deliverance first hand! David boldly told King Saul in 1 Samuel 17:37 "The Lord, who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear will surely deliver me from the hand of this Philistine". David, stripped of all human armor, than went out to face the giant armed with his God. In 1 Samuel 17:45 David says to Goliath, "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied". David had confidence in God when few around him could muster the courage to step out in faith! David proves that it is not in ability, size, and strength that brings victory, but faith in God alone!

When Kole was a tiny boy, my mom tells this story about Kole! Kole was going into my parents church one Sunday and he says out of the blue, we are here to fight the devil! We have laughed many laughs over that story! Now, we wonder if maybe we should have took him more serious. My sister and I put on the "Armor of Salvation" as we prayed together yesterday! His armor is invisible, but oh how it works! It dawned on me one day, that I failed to believe its effect to protect us from the enemy of our souls. In fact, I asked God one day who my enemy was! I have discovered I have a real enemy! We all do! We cannot fight, if we have our unshielded heads buried in the sand. In Ephesians 6:10-20 Paul explains our armor. We have the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, the feet fitted with the gospel of peace, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit (God's Word). The chapter goes on to admonish us, as Ephesians 6:18 says, to :

"... pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints".

This is the battle plan for Kole Keller. We are arming ourselves with the "Armor of Salvation"! Out of the blue I caught myself singing the words of this hymn this morning, "At the cross, at the cross where I first saw the light and the burdens of my heart rolled away. It was there by faith I received my sight and now I am happy all the day....."! In one day, Jesus took the burden of our sin away. In one day, God took away the big burden of Goliath away. We are believing God for this trouble to, to be rolled away! Praise Him, our victory is won!

Jodi

7 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 28, 2007 10:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a cheerleader at Sandusky and my favorite part of the games is seeing little Kole round up all the balls when the boys are done warming up. I love seeing him join in the huddles and standing with his dad while the National Anthem is being played. It breaks my heart that this sickness is so unfair to take on Kole, but the cheerleaders and the basketball players all are keeping Kole close in our hearts and high in our prayers.♥

 
At Thursday, March 01, 2007 12:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please know that we pray for Kole as well as his extended family.

 
At Thursday, March 01, 2007 5:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI, I am also a sandusky cheerleader and We are all praying for the keller family.Kole is such a wonderful boy and he is the main part of the game. All of us love to go to the game just to see adorbale Kole walking around with his dad. This is such an unfortunate event for this wonderful boy. We are all praying for you Kole.

 
At Saturday, March 03, 2007 6:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are praying and believing with you that God's will be done. Your brothers and sisters at Second Baptist Church in Sandusky are also praying and believing with you every week.

 
At Monday, March 05, 2007 10:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kellers, just wanted you to know that I am praying and believing with you. I'm reading "Battlefield of the Mind" by Joyce Meyer and this story stood out in my mind and I instantly thought of you. She writes, "There was a man who was sick and was confessing the Word over his body, quoting healing Scriptures and believing for his healing. While doing so, he was intermittently attacked with thoughts of doubt. After he had gone through a hard time and was beginning to get discouraged, God opened his eyes to the spirit world. This is what he saw: a demon speaking lies to him, telling his that he was not going to get heald and that confessing the Word was not going to work. But he also saw that each time he confessed the Word, light would come out of his mouth like a sword, and the demond would cower and fall backward. The man then understood why it was so important to keep speaking the Word. He saw that he did have faith, which is why the demon was attacking him with doubt." Hope these are words of encouragement for you guys. I'll continue to pray the Word over Kole's life and your family. Let me know if you need anything, even a babysitter in your upcoming busy weeks. Makaela would love to see and play with Elle.

 
At Tuesday, March 06, 2007 8:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am always so blessed when I come to your website to check on Kole. I am praying for you all. Thank you for being such a wonderful servant of God. You are touching lives.
In Christ,
Brenda Lucius

 
At Wednesday, April 11, 2007 10:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Keller Family,
We met you at St. Jude's in January 2005. Kate and Kole would play together sometimes. We are so sorry to hear about your loss. We know there are no words to take away the pain but know we are thinking of you and praying for your family.
God Bless you all,
Brian, Colleen, Erik and Princess Angel Kate Hrischuk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home