Wednesday, April 25, 2007

God is good! Here I am typing at 12:59 A.M. My family has been struck with an intestinal virus and so here I am awake as my daughter is now affected by stomach upset! I happened to begin reflecting on the last month, as I shut my eyes to go to sleep! I thought of how our "family" was able to experience God's presence in a powerful way. Now, do we give up on experiencing it, even though we did not get the answer we wanted? Is prayer powerful and effective? How do we know? How do we stay motivated to stay close by His side? Well, I will tell you one thing! The challenges of this world do not end, and so we cannot go very far going "solo"! My own children had to ask me, if I had prayed about getting over my stomach upset! I really did not, for I just took it as part of life! Strange after pursuing God so intensely, would I forget so soon to get on my knees! When, I finally took my children's advice, God not only restored my health and energy, but also gave me peace and joy! Do not wait to pray, I waisted much time on the couch!

Anyway, as I thought and prayed in the dark this evening, God seem to cast some light on my questions! God and His Word are kind of pursued like seeking a "scientific discovery"! God cannot be put into any kind of scientific limit or formula! But, He requires dedication and study! We may even make mistakes, but that only helps fuel our knowledge of Him and His direction. He is faithful to keep going with us! It is too easy to give up when hitting a "road block"! We struggle with the fact that God requires us to allow Him to make the decisions and to decide what is good and best. This never limits our discovery, but only blows our "discovery" out of this universe! I can remember praying for Kole and not giving God, in my heart, the right to do what He wanted! I wanted Kole! God wanted Kole! I have learned that to pray under His authority, means having His authority. I also learned to trust Him, over myself. I will still pray for God's healing touch, yet under His authority. God is a good and righteous authority! We have difficulty trusting authority here on earth, because we see so much corrupt leadership! Our enemy tries to make God seem corrupt! He did that to Eve in the garden! She bit "right into it" and listened to the snake! God's authority led to the "tree of Life" and to the garden of Eden. Satan's authority led to this fallen, diseased, and sin ridden world.

Does God want us to give up on His presence? No, He wants us to learn and keep going on our pursuit to know Him, His Word, how to pray, and how to live and obey! There is no going back to living dependent on ourselves, and the "easy road"! God has reminded me with this "intestinal bug" that He still desires attention and involvement in our lives consistently and constantly! Is that a drain--- to require such dedication. No, instead He fills us with His amazing strength and wisdom that comes through His Spirit! The Spirit is called a "stream of living water". The Spirit's power and ability flows and never runs dry. "Burn out" comes--- when we attempt to take on our troubles and responsibilities by ourselves, in the limited strength of our flesh and will. We, then, run out of strength and become overwhelmed with the burdens of this life! God's burden is light! It is difficult to fight against what God wants! What He wants is much better for everyone. He knows all and is unlimited! How do we know what He wants? We open ourselves up to Him, we open up His Word and diligently seek Him in prayer! We than know we are His own, for He becomes very personal. We can truly say we "know Someone in high places". "Someone" who has all say and all power. This is the discovery of our loving Creator God and Father of this universe. If you feel like you are a "no body" in ability to impress this world! I want to remind you that we are here to build His image! His image is already complete and not lacking anything! So, we get the simple job of pointing to Him, who is worthy to be praised. No person is worthy of praise! It is hard and empty work attempting to build our own image! I was free the day God redirected me to invest my life, building His image! I do not feel like a failure anymore, when the "Jones" pass me up!

I want to remain open to His leading! I think of what Jesus said to His Father, " Not my will, but Yours be done". It takes immense trust in God to allow Him to have that freedom and authority in your life! I have found that "He does not strike you with lightning" on the spot (Ha!--I can actually remember cringing when giving God permission with my life). He does, however, light a fire in you ! He gives you a purpose, a hope, a love, and a relationship with Himself that blows your imagination. I would never want to go back. Giving Him the driver's seat in my life has led to meaningful, rich living and an close loving relationship with Him. God decides the day your born and the day He comes for you! You decide whether to cooperate in the in between! He makes our life a success! He does the "sweating", we do the "bowing on our knees"! It is much more relaxing and comforting, to be on our knees! Anyway, God's sweat does not stink! Ours does!

God is free to pursue and the reward is huge! I tell my children whenever they read God's Word or pray, that they can look at it like putting money in a "spiritual bank account"! I had them memorize Psalms 103, when Kole was first diagnosed with cancer! I paid them ten cents a verse and threw in a few more coins when they would meet extra challenges! When they were done they had a little over 2 dollars to spend at our small town coffee shop! However, I reminded them they had 2 million plus in their "spiritual bank accounts". Sometimes, we feel trapped by our lack of education, status, and finances. We do not feel, we have what we need to make our physical dreams a reality! God gives us everything we need to make Him a reality. He has already paid for our tuition. He makes life happen in more abundant ways than you can ever dream or scheme up! He is free for the asking! He unties your hands and remakes your dreams even better. He lets us out of our financial and relational prisons. Isaiah 61 states that He come to set the captives free and to release the prisoners. Sometimes, it is a blessing to have our hands tied! Then, God is the "One and Only" available to us! Being a housewife with small children, ties me down to my home! I do not have a retirement account with my own name on it! It is laughable, to look at my Social Security statement! However, I am free to study God's Word and pray!

Anyway, I encourage you to never give up on discovering what God has for you! Do not hold back! Build your "spiritual bank" account. Become a "scientist" seeking discovery. I believe that even in our failures or in God's veto, that there is even more to discover! He does not shut a door, but opens up the entire universe! Just like with the discovery of our antibiotics! It came with much failure. The discovery was really a fluke! I believe it was not a fluke, but the hand of God saying "watch this"---go my way! He pointed the scientist in the right direction! He will point you the best way as you build your "bank account" and learn from your discoveries! The Bible is a vast treasure, prayer helps you spend it or should I say invest it! God is worth it all! I would say God has made the most of our trial, by leading us to His side! He has kept us! We would not want to be anywhere else. Kole is just on "His other side"! We are both hugging God, but on different laps! It is like, we are at God's left lap and Kole is at God's right! There is comfort in that---God bridges the gap and we all share Him! Comfort would not last in having Kole here with us. Comfort lasts in having God!

Today I was fed this from 2 Thessalonians 5:24
"The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it".

This reminded me of the verse in Philippians 1:6
"...., being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus".

He truly does the "sweating"/work in us and through us.

Jodi

18 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 25, 2007 7:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking time to talk to us...

It was refreshing to read of your questions....as we all have them...I'm not sure why I continue to ask the same questions over and over when something like this occurs....because, I know the answer....I guess, it may be because it was not the answer I was looking for.

I wish I had more time to write today...I have so much to say...but I will say this...

Remember...Jesus, even asked for "this cup to pass from me"....however, it did not happen! It was not part of God's plan...

I sometimes have to simplify things for my own understanding. As a parent, I truly want to give my children the desires of their heart. If they ask for candy every day, they see no reason why the answer can't be yes....however, as a kind, loving and responsible parent...I see the bigger picture and the answer has to be NO...no matter how much they ask....

We know that God has a plan for us. We know that he had a plan for Kole. Kole's life will continue to minister to us....I know that it has provided myself a desire to deepen my faith, my walk with God.

As you said, trials are going to come....we cannot do this alone. This world has a lot of "ugly" in it....but your family has shown us that even when the world hands you the most difficult burden....with faith in our Lord and Savior, we can still be victorious....it need not steal our joy. It is okay to grieve however....Christ grieved....but joy will come again....

Janni: Please find some joy in knowing that we loved your precious little Kole. He spent his days on this earth feeling loved and adored by everyone! When I first met your family, I could see the love his parents and grandparents had for him in their eyes. Your little guy has given us a gift! For his life, we are thankful...WE MUST SEEK HIM! We must continue to seek HIM!

We thank your family and your son for the most wonderful example of love and faith that I have ever seen! WE know what direction we should turn, because you have shown us!

God bless you! We continue to pray and lift you up!!!

 
At Thursday, April 26, 2007 8:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jodi,
I hope your family is feeling better. I know a lot of families around here have been affected by the stomach viruses lately. Thank you for your entries. I try to log on every day or so to see if there are any new ones that I haven't seen. It helps knowing that so many of us have the same questions. It also helps to read the encouraging words about God and his ways. I know deep in my heart that He knows best. I just have to keep reminding myself of this when I find myself asking why.

Janni,
I hope you, Steve, and the kids are doing well also. It helps me so much to see what you have written about your feelings. I love reading about how you feel, the questions you have, the reasoning you find. It helps! I ask myself similar questions and get down. Then I read what you posted earlier this week and I feel better. I know you are blessed! I am beginning to think that one purpose God has for you is to help those of us who have doubts. Through all of your ordeal you have shown and taught us that God is awesome and loving, and forgiving. He is always there. You have shown us how to believe even when things end differently than what we pray for. You have taught us to believe and I thank you for that.
Take care and please keep posting.

 
At Thursday, April 26, 2007 10:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jodi / Janni: Thank you for continuing to share your thoughts, feelings and what God lays on your hearts. As God works to heal you, He is healing us through you.

Please let us know what you and your families need prayer for specifically.

Even though we've never met, you are loved deeply as a fellow family member in Christ.

 
At Thursday, April 26, 2007 11:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!

You have provided a healing for many of us!

You have pointed us in the direction for physical healing, emotional healing and spiritual healing.

I can only imagine how God will continue to bless your family.

Yes, please keep posting. We continue to pray for you on your journey.

I am so glad that people are asking questions...I think we are sometimes ashamed that we do not have this "understanding" of God's plan, so we don't ask and we don't talk about it.

The questions keep surfacing however...everyone who deals with "death" has questions...but, I think somehow, we believe it is not okay to ask or express ourselves... we just go about our business.....

THANK YOU JANNI for letting us know, that you ask questions...and the ANSWERS are there!!! We don't have to keep quiet...we don't have to supress our feelings of anger or doubt....

Thank you for showing us where the answers are to be found...

God, kiss Kole for us today!!!! We thank you for his life and the lives of his precious family who has ministered to so many!

 
At Thursday, April 26, 2007 3:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janni and Jodi,
You two are so sweet and always thinking of others. I hope you are both getting the rest you need. Give yourself a treat and take a nap. Were here for you!

 
At Friday, April 27, 2007 6:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jodi,
Thank you for reminding me of God's goodness.
Sometimes we do not get our way when we pray but we find out later down the road, God's way was much better.

Thank you so for sharing your feelings and thougths. This blog as given me so much encouragement, we all go thru something but I am so glad that Jesus goes thru it with us-we are never alone.

Your Sister in The Risen and Victorios Savoir Jesus Christ
Carmen

 
At Friday, April 27, 2007 11:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Romans 15

"5May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, 6so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

13May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."


Heavenly Father, we thank and praise you for being a comforter who lovingly offers endurance and encouragement; for being a constant source of hope if we trust in you, promising joy and peace regardless of our circumstance. Lord I thank you for being faithful, for being consistent, for not only telling Janni and Jodi that you can be trusted but also delivering upon your offer by allowing them to taste your Spirit's fruit as they walk close to you. Father, we pray as their lives move forward without Kole's physical presence that they will remain unified with each other and with you, that they will hold onto your hope and continue to trust in you such that they are a pleasing aroma to you and those around them. Lord, keep their spirits longing for yours, lift them high such that they can see and understand your magnitude and appreciate your greater perspective. Father, we know you love us all, that you are good, that your ways are right; help us absorb that into our hearts such that our trust in you is true and our joy can be made complete. Amen.

 
At Friday, April 27, 2007 4:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to say, we continue to pray for your family.

 
At Saturday, April 28, 2007 10:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heavenly Father:
We thank You and praise You for the comfort and loving care you are providing the Keller family.

 
At Monday, April 30, 2007 6:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May God continue to bless you and your family at this time.

 
At Tuesday, May 01, 2007 6:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We ask that God's blessings continue to be upon you this day....

 
At Wednesday, May 02, 2007 9:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We pray for you today and remember Kole and your family as we go about our daily routine's...

 
At Wednesday, May 02, 2007 3:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Father, be with Steve and Janni today; fill them with your love and hope. May you continue to bless Judah, Lord, raise him to be a mighty leader for you. Father we thank you for Ellie and pray for her spiritual growth; may her light shine for all to see. Lord we ask for a hedge of protection around each child and the entire Keller family.

 
At Thursday, May 03, 2007 9:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We continue to think of and pray for you all...

Ecclesiastes 7 (Amplified)

13Consider the work of God: who can make straight what He has made crooked?

14In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity consider that God has made the one side by side with the other, so that man may not find out anything that shall be after him.

15I have seen everything in the days of my vanity (my emptiness, falsity, vainglory, and futility): there is a righteous man who perishes in his righteousness, and there is a wicked man who prolongs his life in [spite of] his evildoing.

16Be not [morbidly exacting and externally] righteous overmuch, neither strive to make yourself [pretentiously appear] overwise--why should you [get puffed up and] destroy yourself [with presumptuous self-sufficiency]?

17[Although all have sinned] be not wicked overmuch or willfully, neither be foolish--why should you die before your time?

18It is good that you should take hold of this and from that withdraw not your hand; for he who [reverently] fears and worships God will come forth from them all.

 
At Thursday, May 03, 2007 11:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you today.....

 
At Friday, May 04, 2007 11:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please, if possible, update us on how everyone is doing...

You are in our thoughts daily. We have not stopped praying for your family.

 
At Monday, May 07, 2007 3:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We know there are certain feelings of emptiness during this time and we are here for you.

We pray that your trust, hope and faith in God stays strong, fore without those what really remains...

Let us know of your challenges so we can help through prayer and any other way we can.

Your brothers & sisters in Christ

 
At Monday, May 07, 2007 3:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are in our daily thoughts and prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home