Monday, May 07, 2007

Hello to all! Here it has been almost one month, since Kole went on before us-- to our real home and to our real Dad. We have had some working through times this month! Janni is doing well. She deeply misses her precious son. Steve just finished reading the book "90 Minutes in Heaven". He loved it and has been sharing about his faith in Christ wherever he goes. It makes this sister-in-law very proud to have him as a part of our family! Anyway, I would say that the transition has been the most difficult (on my end) on my seven-year old, Leah. She was so crazy about her cousin Kole. As soon as she could speak to pray in Sunday School, Kole would be her number one prayer request. Even before Kole became sick, her Sunday School teacher came up to me and asked who this "Kole" was! Leah has been his loyal fan from the time she was a toddler. I can remember seeing Leah with a pouting face in so many pictures we had of Kole and my children. She was always pouting when Kole chose to sit with Josiah or Hannah over her! I can remember her saying that it would not matter if Kole liked her or not, or was sick, or anything--- for she chose to love him through thick and thin.

She has demonstrated "a love" that puts me to shame. Her "human love" being deep as it is, is truly nothing in comparison to God's steadfast love for us! God's very nature is love. He is the source of love. He has undefiled love. It is hard to believe that He loves us still, even when we stray from Him or become "ugly" in our attitude or actions. His love does not fluctuate. In fact, if given a chance God will demonstrate His love over and over to you every minute of every day! It is "us" who block His love, for His love is free flowing. I have done some blocking of His love lately and have experienced needless suffering due to it! I then find myself going on to pray that my daughter, Leah, senses God's love for her. When, I am rejecting it myself! Guilt has been my culprit and blocker! Trying to get back to raising my children, taking care of my spouse, and to the mundane duties of house and home has fueled my guilt. The "enemy" has been my accuser! He does not give us a break to grieve! God will turn "his" schemes around I am sure! I love to see God back fire satan's evil!

Getting back to Leah. She has had some grieving to do! She has felt ill since Kole died. I took her to the doctor, who said that she looked pretty good except for some swollen glands. Some wonderful sisters-in-Christ pray with me on Thursday mornings. They poured out their hearts, before the throne, this past Thursday for my daughter. I felt so loved, as they loved my daughter through their heartfelt prayers! Leah happened to see Kole just after he died. My dear prayer partners feel that God will use that experience in her future ministry. He was just a shell and she could tell that Kole was not there anymore! I can remember his frail lifeless body. A light bulb turned on in my head the minute I saw that his spirit had left. This world is just a "dying shell" in comparison to the world to come. This world seems like "our reality" until you get a glimpse of what" it truly is" through watching a person pass from this life to the next. You see what is left behind! What is left behind is an empty shell. Just like a locust shell found on a tree trunk! The life in it has moved on! Leah has many questions--some which are so deep and so thought provoking that I can hardly believe she can ponder so deeply at such a young age. She has been wondering why we even want to live here in this dying world. She truly thinks that going to be in heaven with Kole would be much better than staying here. She wonders if she truly loves God or if she just wants to escape hell and go to heaven?

We had a wonderful Sunday night church service, this past Sunday. A young father, in his 20's, was sharing his heartache at watching his young wife go through cancer surgery, chemo, and radiation. He stated if God takes her, he too would be jealous! She gets to go be with the Lord, and he would have to wait. He and Leah are of the same mind in that regard. We ended the service by singing "I'll Fly Away". Afterwards, Leah was perched on my lap as she said "I was just thinking about Kole when we sang that song. It made me sad!" She said, I think it would better to go to heaven now as a kid, don't you? To that, I pointed at my stomach that she was lying against! I began talking, as God was leading me-- "do you know what, Leah? You have a new baby sister coming soon and you have a job to do! You need to tell her about Jesus. You are her big sister. I also said that Kole was the big brother in his family. Now, I bet he would like it if you took over his job. That means you need to tell baby Judah about Jesus! She then, pipes in with a smile, "and Jaelle too". Jaelle has now taken on Leah's dedication and the tables have been reversed! Jaelle loves Leah, as Leah has loved Kole!

In many ways, our whole family has a new excitement for the day when we all get to "fly away"! But until then, we have a job to do! That job is to love God, love those still here, and spread the Good News of Jesus. May the Good News fly to ends of the earth! May it be God's love, His Word, and the power of the Holy Spirit that sets and fuels our flight!

Luke 17:33 "Whoever tries to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it"

John 12:24-25 "I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But, if it dies, it produces many seeds. The man who loves his life will loose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life."

Jodi

15 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 08, 2007 9:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting. We will continue to keep your family and the Kellers in our prayers.

 
At Tuesday, May 08, 2007 9:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us updated! We are still lifting the entire Keller family up in prayer daily. I love reading your blogs Jodi, they are an inspiration. I too have read 90 Minutes in Heaven.....awesome book, beautiful heaven!

 
At Tuesday, May 08, 2007 9:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU FOR THE ENTRY! EVERYDAY I LOG IN TO SEE IF THERE IS A NEW ONE. I WAS GETTING WORRIED WHEN I DIDN'T SEE ONE. WE CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY. WE MISS STEVE & JANII. HOPEFULLY ONCE SUMMER COMES AROUND WE WILL RUN INTO EACH OTHER SOME. TAKE CARE!!

 
At Tuesday, May 08, 2007 12:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I log on each day as well. I worry too...We want to know how you are doing.

We are still with you on this journey.

Our prayers continue......

 
At Tuesday, May 08, 2007 2:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently heard of Kole's journey to heaven. My heart aches for the Keller's loss, but it brings me great joy to know they are putting their lives in the hands of God. Every post is extremely inspiring. My prayers are with all of you. Janni is truly amazing. I don't think I have ever known someone to have so many things challenging daily life and still be so focused on the blessings of God. She is remarkable.

 
At Tuesday, May 08, 2007 4:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is remarkable...The entire family is remarkable.

Our family was touched by them a number of years ago!

We will forever be greatful for the wonderful example of faith and family that they were to our son.

Steve coached our son in basketball. If it had not been for Steve's demeanor and his positive approach to young adults and coaching, our son's letter of his intent to commit suicide may have been realized.

We believe that had he been coached by anyone else during this
time - the outcome would have been much different.

We will forever be thankful, we will forever remember their battle with their son, we will continue to ask God to keep them in His loving embrace.

 
At Tuesday, May 08, 2007 7:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We continue to log on each day too. We are always wondering how you are doing. We continually pray for each of you everyday and we miss you dearly.
Brad,Steph & the girls

 
At Tuesday, May 08, 2007 7:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jodi,Honestly, your words are such a blessing and inspiration! I know you speak from the heart, but your words are well written and so easy to digest. Thank you for continuing to keep us posted on how Steve and Janni are doing. We miss them! I don't want to be too overwhelming but I also want to support them. I think sometimes it is hard to know what is the right thing to do in this situation. We will keep them and you in our prayers as you battle through this difficult time.

 
At Wednesday, May 09, 2007 9:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For anyone who has lost someone dear to them, the entries from the Keller family are inspirational and uplifting...

I am so thankful that during a time it would be understandable for them to concentrate on only their own life circumstances, they reached out to others.

I love them for that......their Heavenly Father does too........

 
At Wednesday, May 09, 2007 5:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Janni and Steve
It's been a month today Kole left us. He is been in my thoughts everyday . I look at him thru a picture in my office and talk to him and let him know how precious he was for me and how wonderful it was to take care of him at St Jude. I'd love to talk to you sometime. I love you deeply.
Lily

 
At Wednesday, May 09, 2007 11:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The posts are remarkable! I thank you so much for the updates! Kole is going to be missed, but only a short seperation between us. This is such an awsome feeling to realize. God is Great!

 
At Thursday, May 10, 2007 9:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your words of faith and inspiration. We think of the Kellers daily. Your family is in our prayers.

Dan B.

 
At Thursday, May 10, 2007 2:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We continue to lift the Keller's up in prayer. We ask God to embrace them and continue to show them how much He loves them.

 
At Friday, May 11, 2007 10:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless you,,,we continue to think and pray for you!!

 
At Friday, May 11, 2007 11:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hebrews 10

19Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. 23Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.

Heavenly Father, we lift up Jodi, Janni, Steve and Kole's grandparents. Lord we ask that you cleanse them of any feelings of guilt for things they did or did not do. Help them understand that you were/are in control and not them. At the same time, give them strength to endure these difficult days when thoughts of betrayal and doubt attack. Lord, guide them to a place of seeing you as their answer and their source for peace and refreshment. Lead them towards a renewed, close relationship with you such that true, eternal healing can take place in their minds, hearts and souls. Amen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home