Saturday, June 16, 2007

I am sorry it has taken me so long to write an update! There is something to say about the distraction of an upcoming birth and the preparation that it requires! Janni will soon be an aunt again! She is a fabulous aunt and my two girls threaten to dump me for her time and time again! My daughter was telling me the other day that aunt Janni always says "heck yah!" to all of her ideas and I happen to always say "no". We had a big laugh over her observation. Anyway, Janni loves my children and they know it and feel it!

I woke up this morning thinking about Kole's hands and feet! I do not know why this was in my thoughts! I guess when he was so sick I spent some time holding his hand and praying at his little thin feet. I can remember cupping those feet in my hand! I marveled at their creation and how God could create such beautiful hands and feet on my nephew! Hands and feet that were connected to a body that was so sick! He was beautiful even in sickness! He was handsome and my heart spills over with love for him! I do not think I could have learned about such love any other way than praying alongside his bedside! God was our teacher and our comforter and He brought beauty from ashes and strength from our tears. I was just thinking yesterday that that period time was like a dream and yet it was real. God was real and He was good! I would not trade His presence for anything! God bound our family together with His love! He used Kole to draw us together and to Himself.

Janni and I were driving together to a graduation party as she was telling me Kole was just separated from her for a time! She does not feel his loss, only the wait is difficult. I told her that I felt we did not have to stop loving him even though he is away and that we can take that love and pour it on the children God has left with us! All children are God's and He so graciously loans them to us to point them back to Him. We realize that He can ask for them back at anytime! We are thankful to get the chance to love them and teach them about the Source of our love. I happened to get to enjoy Judah David when we were together! I put him on the floor as he loves to move those arms and legs. He cuddles, which is rare for Janni's babies, but he moves constantly while he cuddles. He has been blessed with "high activity genes" from both sides of the family. Anyway, as he was laying on the floor he looked up with such love in his little eyes especially when his mom knelt down with me to admire him! He tries to communicate and is as bright as any baby I ever saw! I marvel at God's work in forming him and wonder what the future holds for him! I am sure it shines brightly. He is God's baby and we get to hold Judah and enjoy him knowing that God has a special plan for his life. It will be exciting to watch it unfold before us! I believe he and "Grace" (baby not yet born) will be close cousins much like Leah and Kole were.

I will miss watching Leah and Kole play with each other here on earth. Leah said the other day that she would be upset if she gets to heaven and Kole is still a kid and she an adult! She wants another chance to play with him like old times! I told that to Janni and we were both filled with tears. She said isn't that so sweet. Love is sweet! We would have nothing and no one if we did not have a sweet, kind, and generous God. We would not have these precious moments and memories. He is just and good in all He does, even when it seems so hard. God will guard our hearts and grow them as well! Kole does get to play with many of his friends from St. Jude and that brings a smile to my heart and a comfort as well! I am sure they do not get into any fights, but enjoy pure bliss~

Jodi





Jodi

23 Comments:

At Saturday, June 16, 2007 9:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jodi, Just want you and your family to know I think of you often and keep you in prayer. I love reading your updates and want to wish you the best with your upcoming delivering of baby Grace. Hopefully we will see each other again soon. Love Cindy

 
At Monday, June 18, 2007 8:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you. This blog is such a source of spiritual fulfillment for me. May our God continue to bless your families as you bless Him!

 
At Monday, June 18, 2007 4:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was wonderful to read the update. You are never far from our thoughts and prayers.

We loved Kole as well. He taught us much about love, innocence, faith, strength......we could go on....

The blog certainly is a source of sprititual fulfillment and knowledge.

It gives us the opportunity to continue to express our love for Kole and his family. It gives us the opportunity to learn how to persevere during the most difficult of trials.

We thank you for taking the time to update us. We continue to lift you up in prayer...

 
At Tuesday, June 19, 2007 9:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We look forward to hearing from you and expecting "joyous" news on the upcoming birth of baby "Grace"

We pray God's blessings on your family...

 
At Tuesday, June 19, 2007 1:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the update....... Your family is such an encouragement for all of us!

 
At Tuesday, June 19, 2007 3:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking about and prayer for Janni, Steve, Jude, Ellie and extended family...

 
At Friday, June 22, 2007 5:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the birth of Grace. Glad to hear that mom and baby are doing well!

 
At Sunday, June 24, 2007 3:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for giving so much hope and great inspiration to me.
I pray for all of you thank you for sharing God' love with me .

LOve
Carmen

 
At Monday, June 25, 2007 6:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with you as we greet the week!!!!

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2007 8:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless You and your family today!

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2007 10:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We think about the Kellers every day. Thank you for the updates.

Dan B. www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahbordona

 
At Wednesday, June 27, 2007 8:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless you and your family today!

 
At Thursday, June 28, 2007 12:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATES! WE REALLY LOVE TO READ THEM! GOOD LUCK JODI ON YOUR NEW ADVENTURE. JANNI, WE MISS YOU! WE HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL! KISSES TO THE KIDS!

 
At Thursday, June 28, 2007 3:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We know you are busy, please let us know how everyone is doing. You are so often in our thoughts.
We continue to pray for your family.

 
At Friday, June 29, 2007 10:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May God Bless You today!

 
At Friday, June 29, 2007 1:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone had mentioned that Grace was born...is this so and does anyone have any details?

 
At Tuesday, July 03, 2007 9:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new bundle of joy!!!! I am so excited to have another 2nd cousin! I can't wait to see her. I hope all is going well with you all. Things are great here. Are you guys going to swiss days this year?
Love ya lots
Casey and Amiah

 
At Tuesday, July 03, 2007 9:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the birth of baby Grace!!!!

God's blessings are abundant!!!

 
At Tuesday, July 03, 2007 4:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone know how much baby Grace weighed, length, etc??

Mom and baby doing well???

 
At Thursday, July 05, 2007 8:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless your family today!

Last night's television programming included a special on St. Jude's hospital. We could not help but be moved by the stories and remember Kole...

 
At Friday, July 06, 2007 11:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless you and your family as you enter the weekend...

 
At Wednesday, July 11, 2007 6:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God's blessings today for you and your family!

 
At Wednesday, July 11, 2007 2:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is so good, and heaven is near. Soon we will all get to dance around the throne and worship all day long! I pray for the grief of Kole's family; and I think of Kole in heaven and the joy he must feel - The joy & love & happiness that none of us can even fathum yet; it is so wonderful that it brings tears to my eyes.
Thank you for posting such marvelous preachings of our Lord, it helps me through any day.
May the Lord wipe every tear from your eye.
Eph.3:14-19

 

Post a Comment

<< Home